Friday, May 31, 2013

JUNE {my favorite month}

I cannot believe that tomorrow is the first day of June. It feels like just yesterday I was ringing in the new year with my best friends in San Francisco and now I'm getting ready to celebrate my big 2-4.  While I absolutely love celebrating my birthday {because it's a day all about me ;)} I hate adding another year onto my age.  Do I have too?? 

Since I will have class on my birthday {for the first time in about 10 years! :( } I decided to celebrate my birthday a few days early.  Since my celebration will not be on my actual birthday, my friends and I will be celebrating my (un)birthday...inspired by none other than Alice in Wonderland {Mad Hatter cake included}.  I had the pleasure of watching this movie about a week ago and became instantly inspired.  Since I don't like adding another notch on my belt and I couldn't celebrate on the day of my actual birth, why not celebrate the next best thing...my (un)birthday {a genius plan because I get to celebrate my birthday that much more...hehe}.

My girlfriends and I will be celebrating with a nice dinner at a {not so} new restaurant downtown that I have been dying to try, Sasa, and then of course continuing the celebration with drinks on drinks at the bars.  I am so excited, but as long as I have my best friends with me, we could be sitting around with pints of ice cream and cheap wine for all I care.  My favorite part of my birthday is getting all my friends together and laughing until it hurts...and then laugh some more.

Of course I love that my birthday is all about me, but I must say a HUGE thank you to all my friends for putting up with me over the years.  I tend to start the countdown to my birthday a little too early {I usually start at my half birthday...Dec 6...oops} and update them every few days with how many days we have left.  Overkill...I know. Then I usually have my birthday planned in about February, then discussing the details on a weekly basis until about mid May.  Then its texts, multiple times a day asking should I do this or this, what about this??? Half {probably 3/4} of the time I think they are just staring at me nodding their heads with the occasional "That's a great idea, Julie!" or "I'm so excited!" But, that's all I need and I couldn't be more grateful for the amazing friends I have {even if they are pretending to be just as excited as me}.  I'm a little outrageous about my birthday, but I just. can't. help. it. 

So here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget.  
{you know who you are}

xoxoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment