Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mid Week Inspo

It's Wednesday, Hump Day, which means I'm ready for the weekend.  Dinner with my girlfriends followed by a few drinks which leads to...who knows?? Isn't that the fun of the weekend? You may have plans, but where your plans take you, well that's anybody's guess {hehe}.  I'm getting ahead of myself, though, it is only Wednesday {sigh}.  But, the reason I brought up the weekend is because to get me over the hump of my mid week slump I LOVE to think about/plan my outfits for all the coming festivities.  When I start to plan my outfits I always look to my many style icons for my inspiration {inspo}.

So let’s talk about my inspo real quick.  You will soon come to find that I LOVE to use abbreviations.  Don’t know why but I just do, sometimes it’s easier ya know?? Anyway, I wanted to share a few of my style icons of the moment…

Kerri Washington.  This woman can do no wrong in my book.  I love that she takes fashion risks that may not be everyone’s favorite, but I can say that I always look forward to seeing her walk down the red carpet.  Her latest choice is the ULTIMATE look.

huffpost.com

DVF. Classic and bold.  I mean come on, do I really need to explain why Diane von Furstenburg is one of my style icons? Didn’t think so.  She never ceases to amaze me.

rachelzoe.tumblr.com

Carrie Bradshaw.  While she may be a fictional character, her style is anything but.  Carrie Bradshaw never had a dull moment thanks to Patricia Field.  There is only one word to describe Patricia Field, GENIUS. Because of this woman I have always wanted a nameplate necklace {still don’t have one…and I don’t have a good reason why…next purchase??}. Carrie exudes sex appeal all the while keeping her mystery intact with a side of classiness.  Love. Her.

obaz.com

These are just a few of my style icons of the moment {more to come soon :)}. Back to planning my outfit for the weekend...Since it is Cinco de Mayo this Sunday my girlfriend, Amie is hosting a fabulous fiesta that I am so excited for. I'm thinking my lace Nightcap bell bottoms with a white tee and jeweled headpiece? Pictures to come on what my final decision will be! :)

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment