Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Words of Wisdom

My BFF, Stephanie, left for Portugal for three months to work at the SurfCastle there.  She's only been gone for a week, but it feels like forever {I know...so dramatic}.  We got to skype yesterday and I can already tell the sea and sand have relaxed her.  After we caught up on a much needed gossip sesh, we got to talking about the outlook the Portuguese have on life.  They've nailed it.  Things that matter so much here in the US, the Portuguese don't even think twice about.  And while it was only yesterday we talked about all of this, I couldn't help but think about myself and what should and shouldn't matter to me.  I have a SERIOUS complex where I feel the need to be perfect all the time.  This complex usually ends up biting me in the ass, but it's something I'm working on.  I figure I can take a few pointers from the Portuguese and drink up the little things in life and hold on to the people that make me feel good.  And to the rest, well..F*$# it!

pinterest.com


Oh...and buy the shoes...always buy the shoes :)

xoxoxo

1 comment: