Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Few of My Favorites

Having grown up in the East Bay and now living in San Francisco I thought I would share a few of my favorite places...not only in San Francisco, but also the Bay Area.  If you know me, you know that I go weak in the knees for anything Mexican. Margaritas, Tacos, Chips and Salsa, Margaritas, Guacamole, Margaritas...ok you get the picture. So here are a few restaurants that always {more than} satisfy me.


Mamacita. Hands down my favorite favorite favorite. I like to eat Paleo as much as possible, but sometimes the only thing that will suffice is a Mexican meal...insert Mamacita. Located in the heart of the Marina it is a great place to have a girl's night out. After you are done gorging yourself on the many different {and oh so delicious} taco choices, the chilaquiles {that are to DIE for} and have tasted an assortment of tequila, you can bar hop or shop to your little hearts content.

Rumbo Al Sur. What I love most about this place is that they are constantly changing their menu and when I think there is nothing they could possibly do to make me fall even more in love with this place, they make Tinga Tacos Dorados. Rumbo Al Sur is located in the beautiful Glenview neighborhood in Oakland where you couldn't get better views of San Francisco if you tried.   Definitely worth the trip across the bridge.

Mama's. Don't be intimated by the long line that could wrap around the block at any point in time, because once you sit down and order you won't be sorry.  Right next to St. Peter and Paul, {the church where Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe got married} it's a great place to take a break during all your site seeing adventures or get there early and start your day off with a hearty breakfast made with a little extra love. 

Sam's Anchor Cafe. Another place with some of the best views of the city. Sam's is across the golden gate bridge in Tiburon {one of the cutest little towns}. I took my parents there this past Father's Day and we had the best time. Sit on the patio. Order calamari for starters. Sauteed wild prawns for your main course. Watch the fog creep over San Francisco. Pro Tip: Rent a bike in SF and peddle your way to Sam's {a bit of a work out, but just reward yourself with a nice glass of cabernet when you get to Sam's ;)}.


Tuk Tuk Thai. My roommate and I are obsessed with pad thai. Since we are childhood BFFs we had our go to Thai restaurant in Walnut Creek, {check out Plearn if you are ever in the area} so naturally we had to find our new go to place in San Francisco. We both love hole in the wall restaurants that have a lot of character and Tuk Tuk Thai has just that. Restaurants in North Beach are constantly changing, but Tuk Tuk Thai has stood its ground for a long time, and after tasting their pad thai and pumpkin curry my roommate and I found out why.  A definite must when you are in little Italy {I know what you're thinking, Thai in North Beach? YES!}.

Stella's Bakery and Cafe. I have THE biggest sweet tooth. I got it from my Grandma and besides Churros and Cookies n' Cream ice cream, Tiramisu is my most favorite dessert. Thank goodness I moved to North Beach where there is an Italian bakery on every corner. I went to Stella's for the first time this past week and fell in love {it was my cheat day}. I got a cannoli, cookies, a piece of Tiramisu {don't worry I wasn't the only one eating, but I probably could have eaten it all myself}. Everything was so delicious I wanted seconds! 

These are just a few of my favorites. Check back for more! :)

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment