Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY {pumpkin addition}

My roommate and I just moved into the most adorable apartment in San Francisco. We love absolutely everything about it, well mostly everything. We love everything, except rent {but who likes rent?}. That being said, we are trying to decorate on a budget. In comes Pinterest. There are so many cute ideas for cheap decorating that we are trying to put our Martha Stewart instincts to good use {albeit its a very very small instinct}. I decided that I would try something easy first. Autumn being my favorite season and sparkles being {one of} my favorite colors it was a no brainer that I would attempt to make this.

What you need. Pumpkin {any size you want, real or fake}. Spray glue. Glitter {color of your choosing}. Ribbon {color of your choosing}. I stuck with a coppery/golden color for the glitter and a taupe ribbon because I wanted to keep the pumpkins out until Thanksgiving {could be fun to use purple or green glitter with a black ribbon for halloween :)}. 

 {supplies}

 {went to the Pumpkin Patch in my neighborhood for the pumpkins and Michaels for art supplies}


 {I went to the Pumpkin Patch with my dad, I felt like a kid again :)}


{tried to keep the glitter to a confined area...it kind of worked}



{the finished product}

I'm not the best at DIY activities, but I always have so much fun with them and am trying to get better. I'm thinking maybe this for my next project. 

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment